Subject: [Leica] My first Post
From: len-1 at comcast.net (Leonard Taupier)
Date: Mon Jul 2 16:38:48 2007

Hello Ali.

Welcome. Keep posting your photos. I find that the photographers on
the LUG have a very keen eye. Their comments may point out things
you've overlooked. They will improve your skills. Here are my comments.

The first photo has good lighting and exposure. I find the focus is
OK as well. However, the angle of the shot is not flattering and is
distracting.

The second photo has the focus too far back. The eyelids should be
very sharp. If focused on the eyes the glasses and the hands will be
sharper as well. I like the framing and the position of your mom's
face and hands in this portrait.

I like the third photo. This is a nice portrait. The focus looks OK
but I would like a little more depth of field. I would have used a
higher ISO, maybe 400 and stopped down a stop to get her hair closest
to the camera in focus. Do not be afraid to use the higher ISO
settings on the DMR. The performance is wonderful.

Thanks for sharing these photos with us and post more.

Regards,
Len