Subject: [Leica] do i need a hasselblad?
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Mon Jul 2 17:10:12 2007

Kyle,
The short answer is no.  The images coming off your Leikon 200 are as good
as you will see off any reasonable use of scanned film unless you go slow
and use a tripod.  Even then not much difference.  If your ultimate goal is
a digital back, then no again.  The existing backs for the 2000 series or
500 series are a major PIA with little support at this stage.  Of course, as
a successful author, picking up one of the 39MP Blads might make sense for
your next project and could be written off.  I am semi serious about that as
many of your images are "studio" and could possibly benefit from the true
16bit color.

0.02