Subject: [Leica] do i need a hasselblad?
From: pdzwig at summaventures.com (Peter Dzwig)
Date: Tue Jul 3 02:21:11 2007

Kyle,

I got some shots done in a studio by a pro a few days ago. She was using a
digi-back Hassy. The quality of the output was brilliant, but I got the
impression that it was quite a handful. Contrary to what has been said she
used
it handheld, connected up by loads of wire to several PCs, large disks,
assorted
flash units, and all the kit in her very well-equipped studio. Her biggest
worry
was backing up everything as she went, which I know wouldn't faze you one
bit,
but I was interested that in at least one configuration bandwidth wasn't
that high.

I too was thinking of a (film) Hassy for LF, just because I have always liked
the idea (and they are becoming cheap), but I think the experience has made
me
think twice.

Peter Dzwig

PS When I got out my M3 she was amazed its small size and beauty - and it was
wearing the CV A-L 90.