Subject: [Leica] FS: Summicron 28
From: jshul at comcast.net (Jim Shulman)
Date: Fri Jul 6 19:47:21 2007

A few years ago the Viewfinder magazine ran a comparison of the Summicron 28
and the CV 28/1.9.  They found (in conventional large prints) that there was
no discernable difference from f 2.8 and smaller; at maximum aperture the
Summicron was marginally (though this was disputed) sharper at the edges.

So, for Arche's purposes, the CV is probably just dandy.  Mine was a
terrific lens; I only sold it because I rarely used that focal length.

Jim Shulman
Bryn Mawr, PA