Subject: [Leica] Digilux 3
From: vondauster at earthlink.net (Will von Dauster)
Date: Sat Jul 7 18:56:50 2007

Me too, Steve. And it is, um, interesting. However...

As a 4/3rd shooter, I believe the Digilux 3 is a very good camera,
and the Vario-Elmarit a great lens. But I also believe the current
10MP Olympus bodies outclass it in resolution and low light
performance. The 7.5 MP sensor in the Digilux is, if I understand it
correctly, the same as is used in the Olympus E-330.

As tempting as this offer is, I believe I will wait for the 10 or 12
MP successor to the Digilux 3, if there is one, before jumping. The
extra resolution makes enough of a difference, as does the ability to
use ISO 800 without a second thought.

YMMV,

Will von Dauster