Subject: [Leica] homage to kyle cassidy's Armed America
From: kennybod at mac.com (Kenneth Frazier)
Date: Sun Jul 8 06:22:48 2007

On Jul 7, 2007, at 10:59 PM, Rei Shinozuka wrote:

> our copy of kyle cassidy's Armed America arrived today.
> a terrific book, and the first photo art book my kids
> have ever shown interest in.

Kyle, your book seems to have touched a nerve in these United States,
and I'm ordering my copy today.

Last night I had dinner with my oldest daughter, and when I arrived
my nine-year old Grandson James asked me to take his picture with his
"gear," as he put it.

He went to his room and came back wearing a (plastic) US Army helmet,
a green fatigue field jacket (adult size), and carrying his Dad's air
gun.

(James doesn't care one whit for school, but he knows more US Civl
War history than most adults, plays for hours with his sets of toy
soldiers, quizzes me incessantly about what I did "during the War",
etc.)

As it happened, I didn't have my camera with me.  (I know, I know, go
ahead and throw rocks.)

I told him I would come back later and take his picture.  He was happy.

Ken

The Rev. Kenneth Frazier
Connecticut Conference, United Church of Christ
Current Leica Photography (PESO):
http://gallery2.leica-users.org/v/kennybod/

Home Page:
http://homepage.mac.com/kennybod/