Subject: [Leica] OT: fisheye zoom
From: s.dimitrov at charter.net (slobodan dimitrov)
Date: Tue Jul 10 23:58:41 2007

The post is somewhat connected to my Leica camera practice.
Sometime back I acquired a CV 15mm to use on a III(g) body for
covering outdoor events.
I really liked what I got with that 15mm on color film.
Not too long after I got it, I stopped getting shoots where I could
use one.
As it wasn't being used I got rid of it to pick some other gear.
But, I always felt that I never had a good run with it.
Eventually the switch to digital made the 15mm useless for the type
of body I was using.
When the 10-17mm fisheye zoom came along, it became apparent to me
that I could replicate the same effect produced by the 15mm. I was
tempted to pick up a Pentax body just to use the fiisheye zoom. But
after using Canon bodies, the Pentax was just too primitive a camera.
As it turned out, I didn't have to wait too long before Tokina could
place their own name on that fisheye zoom.
So, after that little test at the Anime Expo, it seems that the lens
can make decent images.

s.d.