Subject: [Leica] M8 Sensor Cleaning
From: eduardoalbesi at ciudad.com.ar (Eduardo Albesi)
Date: Wed Jul 11 07:13:30 2007

El 11/07/2007, a las 10:42, Ted Grant escribi?:
> I suppose I have to ask, is it possible my innocents of such
> problems has
> been just dumb ass luck I've not encountered it?

Ted,
Almost certainly so.
:-)

It is not an important problem, just a 5 or less minutes cloning
session in photoshop. But I reckon that for a photog having to meet a
deadline with hundreds of images to edit that will be a PITA. I have
seen dust on the images of any interchangeable lens digital camera I
have had. But I have cleaned the CCD only once or twice. Normally it
is only visible against plain skies, or surfaces without noticeable
texture. So you almost never come to notice it.

And it can be visible at any enlargement. You learn to live with it,
just as once one did with dust on the negatives... spotting it out
when it becomes too evident

See http://www.leicamarket.com/dustproof.jpg (taken with M8+Elmarit-M
28/2.8 asph), I assure you those black spots on the sky aren't gulls
flying...

Ed