Subject: [Leica] IMG: From the Cigar Box- Leica Hektor 73mm f/1.9 Photo
From: jhnichols at bellsouth.net (Jim Nichols)
Date: Wed Jul 11 10:34:10 2007

In the early 1950s, I owned a pre-war Leica Hektor 73mm f/1.9 lens which I
used on my Leica IIIa.  It was a challenging lens to use, especially wide
open.  I eventually sold it, because I was not taking many formal portraits,
and it was not very useful as a short telephoto.

Here is one of the better shots I made with the lens, showing its
characteristic softness and shallow DOF. This was shot at 1/20 at f/1.9.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/Cigar+Box/Hektor+sm.jpg.html

Comments, critiques are welcomed.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA