Subject: [Leica] M8 Sensor Cleaning
From: red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Wed Jul 11 13:10:29 2007

Opinion.....

The whole thing about a sensor pixel dead, a blob of dust, etc. is due
primarily to the use of digital photography itself.  It is apparent in RAW
images when you can easily blow up ( for curiosity, pixel corrections, or
for making big prints) the image to the pixel resolution.  Then you see the
anomaly quite easily.

In the old days ( or current for those of us that use film), these
aberrations were there, and we called them dust on the negatives, or dust on
the lens, or processing problems ( fingerprints, dust, oil, water marks,
etc.).  We just found it hard to see in the original neg, and we did not see
it in the final image, so it did not matter.

on paper, used on a high resolution CRT/LCD, or whatever it is you do with
your images, then take 2 aspirins and go shoot more pictures.  Stop
worrying.

The whole act of digital photography has made perfectionists out of all of
us.  We demand more of our equipment.

The biggest question to ask is.... does it make any difference to my final
image output?  Are they less "good" if the image file has a few missing
pixels but in the act of print making, that pixel error goes away and you
never see it?

Frank Filippone
red735i@earthlink.net

Message from imagist3 at mac.com (Lottermoser George) ([Leica] M8 Sensor Cleaning)