Subject: [Leica] IMG: Noctilux Pictures
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Fri Jul 13 06:17:55 2007

Ric Carter said:
Subject: Re: [Leica] IMG: Noctilux Pictures

>>>Hey Ted--
I'm new to the Noctilux. Maybe you've noticed this, too, and it's not
just my imagination.

The heft of the Noctilux seems to steady the camera a bit. I always
see a tiny bit of movement when firing a shutter, even when rolling
the finger over a soft release. Though I've not meausred or tested, I
feel like the Noctilux is anchoring the M body a little better,
giving some advantage on hand holdable speeds.<<<<

Hi Ric,
It's easier to hold a heavier object steady than  a light one. Obviously in
relation to weight and ones strength.

There isn't any question the Noctilux weight ensures you can hold camera and
lens steadier than a much lighter lens camera combination.

Been there and done it thousands of times.

It's just a matter of how many times you work with the lens and camera. My
favourite combination was the M7 and Noctilux set on aperture priority, man
you can shoot away with hardly an exposure worry as fast as you can click
the shutter.

Now the M8 is filling the bill. :-)

ted