Subject: [Leica] Nice words describe a photo moment.
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Sat Jul 14 21:09:42 2007

Joseph Low asked:
Subject: RE: [Leica] Nice words describe a photo moment.

>>Hi Ted

>>How about sharing the spoils? Would love to see the picture

>>Thanks / Joseph Low / Singapore<<

Hello Joseph,

I suppose the easiest way to see the picture is look at my website.

tedgrantphoto.com

Click on the B&W picture of doctor and child with tongues out, then click on
"gallery." Scroll down and you'll find Ben Johnson winning and losing the
Men's 100 meter final race Seoul, Korea 1988 Summer Olympics as described
below.

If you have a copy of  "75 Years of  Leica Photography" you'll also find it
on page 280. I believe Leica had the book designer put it on page 280
because the picture was taken with the 280mm f2.8 lens and Kodachrome. :-)

>>> "Ted Grant's image of Ben Johnson's victory gesture epitomizes the

photojournalist as consummate thief, stealing for posterity a fleeting

moment in time and space.  It was not a matter of luck and motor drive to

record the moment of victory of a race that lasted less than ten seconds.

Grant studied the track during the heats the day before the final, then

claimed a vantage point on a low wall near the finish line five hours

before the race began. With the eye of an artist, the concentration of a

surgeon, and the reflexes of a cat, Grant produced this quintessential

portrait of what, for at least a short time, was a proud moment in Canadian

sport." <<<