Subject: [Leica] Summicrons 90 - opinions?
From: s_gregory1 at mac.com (Scott Gregory)
Date: Sun Jul 15 07:14:11 2007

Didier:

I've used a chrome 90 f2.8 elmarit for the past 5 years. I used it on an M6
and now using it on the current M8. Despite the x factor on the M8, I find
the lens to be a  very good match for the style of portrait work I like to
do.
The lens is sharp with great contrast. I even use it wide open and thinks it
is fine.
I also like to use a B+W filter on it sometimes that causes a slight
softening for portraits. That is a great combination on this lens.
I find it works so well I don't need the extra size and weight of the 90 AA.

Scott