Subject: [Leica] Summicrons 90 - opinions?
From: leica at screengang.com (Didier Ludwig)
Date: Mon Jul 16 14:13:34 2007

Thanks Marc

Very helpful. Yes I guess speed matters for me and a 90 Summcron will be
preferred over an Elmarit or a Tele-Elmarit. If it wouldn't matter, the
affordable and sharp CV Apo-Lanthar would largely be enough. But I have
f1.2, 1.4 lenses because I use their speed frequently. I don't see any other
reason to carry heavier and clumsier lenses around except their speed
feature... :-) For instance I just came home from a night walk, every shot
was at 1.4 (lux 35). Weight and compactness is a reason to prefer rf over
slr for me, but when it comes to a decision, I prefer the faster lens
because it's more versatile for different light situations. And mucho Bokeh
is also wishable.

Haven't decided for which Summicron 90 version, yet. Tending to the pre-AA
version with collapsible hood and E55. If a 85mm, then preferably Canon or a
Nikon, because I'm a bit burned with Jupiters for the moment (just sent a
J-3 back to the seller, was completely out of focus). The Canon 100/2 might
be an alternative, too, but is 2cm longer than the pre-AA Summicron, and
somehow tricky because the focal length on M6 or RD-1.

Didier