Subject: [Leica] IMG: Hoppy on Kangaroo Island part three
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Sun Jul 15 10:11:51 2007

Hoppy showed:

>>> LUG folk, here is the next installment of my Kangaroo Island
photographs.
Nine new photographs start here
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/gh/a/c_001/KI+16.jpg.html>

>>> This rock formation is wind sculpted granite in the very picturesque
Flinders Chase National Park. I persuaded my tolerant family to
visit late in a day where clouds and wind were building as sunset
approached. The last pic is by my wife as she departed for the
warmer car. "hoppy waiting for the last light AND with the M7 on a tripod".
A superb Manfrotto carbon thingie that is a marvel.

Hoppy,
LIKE WOW! A tough call which to select. However my gut feeling is the B&W
have the power. Certainly the first photograph would bring tears of
admiration to old Ansel Adams even the way it looks on the screen.

In print form? I imagine it'll be smashing. As much as I like the colour I
feel the B&W is the way to go as you've shown. Even your conversion colour
to B&W ? The B&W has a much stronger feeling to them.

ted

Replies: Reply from kididdoc at cox.net (Steve Barbour) ([Leica] IMG: Hoppy on Kangaroo Island part three)