Subject: [Leica] IMG: Niagara Escarpment
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Mon Jul 16 19:55:22 2007

Hugh Thompson offered:

>>>Have been busy, so apologize for not participating as much as
before.  Did get out on Saturday, with the dogs, in the beautiful
Dundas Valley, part of the Niagara Escarpment, a protected area, just
after rain:

> http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Hugh+Thompson/walks/L1002910.jpg.html
> http://tinyurl.com/2tfbbm
> http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Hugh+Thompson/walks/L1002911.jpg.html
> http://tinyurl.com/35q2nv
> http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Hugh+Thompson/walks/L1002914.jpg.html>
> http://tinyurl.com/2r2fzq
> http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Hugh+Thompson/walks/L1002907.jpg.html
> http://tinyurl.com/2kekw2<<<<

Hi Hugh,
Very nice look to them all. The Niagara Escarpment is quite an area aright.
I shot around there many years ago on assignment for the federal Tourism
people. However I didn't end up with anything quite like the look of
yours.:-) They wanted bright and sunny! Aaaaack!!!

The greens of the foliage I suppose from the rain are so strong and
"ancient" looking it gives them a very special look.

I think I read in one of your other posts you shot these in RAW? I'm sure
that adds to the overall quality and look.

I've finally got really into shooting RAW and DNG because of the Adobe
Lightroom programme which seems to make much easier than before when I'd try
and could never get it to work properly once downloaded to the computer.

Now with Lightroom it's very fast and very interesting... And without
question a far better image quality. Although I do have a lot of learning to
do yet, but at least I can say I see quite a positive result.

But your escarpment photographs are wonderful. I particularly like number
one it certainly has the look of a big framed print on the wall keeper! :-)

ted

Replies: Reply from hewthompson at mac.com (Hugh Thompson) ([Leica] IMG: Niagara Escarpment)