Subject: [Leica] Re: Olympus vs. Leica
From: r.s.taylor at comcast.net (Richard Taylor)
Date: Wed Jul 18 06:49:53 2007

Nathan - I'm thinking of getting a E-410 myself and for pretty much
the same reason you did.  I just returned a Ricoh GX-100, which I
thought would be the perfect carry around camera, because diffraction
effects were so pronounced on that very small sensor.

On the E-410, can you see the aperture and shutter speed in its
viewfinder in very bright light?

They disappear entirely in my Pentax K10D but it has the LCD panel to
fall back on and the E-410 does not.

The Pentax kit lenses aren't much to brag about either and I'm
looking for replacements, too.  From what you say, it sounds like I
ought to be budgeting for a replacement zoom as a first order of
business if I do get the E-410.

Thanks.

Regards,

Dick