Subject: [Leica] blown disc (my back, not the hard drive) or WTB: a new back
From: r.s.taylor at comcast.net (Richard Taylor)
Date: Wed Jul 25 11:52:16 2007

Eric - As a fellow sufferer, let me strongly support the advice
you've been given about using surgery as a last resort.  My problems
are less severe than yours (no blown disk) but everyone I've talked
to (doctors, my chiropractor, and fellow sufferers) gave me the same
advice: avoid surgery until it's clear there is absolutely no other
option.

I normally avoid alternative therapies like the plague and I don't
know if it's applicable in your situation, but chiropractic has
worked well for me after only minimal results from physical therapy.

Good luck and hang in there.  It takes a long time to recover from
back pain.

Regards,

Dick