Subject: [Leica] Re: LUG Olympus vs. Leica
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Wed Jul 18 23:11:43 2007

On 7/18/07 4:40 PM, "Frank Dernie" <Frank.Dernie@btinternet.com> typed:

> Hi Felix, I tried an E510 this week in a shop and was pleasantly
> surprised by the viewfinder brightness. The frame was a bit small -
> but the focusing screen is a bit small of course.
> I was very impressed.
> Frank
>
> On 18 Jul, 2007, at 15:20, Felix Lopez de Maturana wrote:
>
>> Only the finder is no very good.

Is it roughly the same size camera body as a Nikon D40 or comparable Canon e
Rebel XT and Xti but with a 2x mag instead of 1.5?
Half the sensor size in other words?

Or is it it bigger camera body than those cameras?
So far all the 4/3's camera have been bigger than the smallest APS-C format
cameras. They are giving the specs in millimeters on the Olympus so you
can't do a direct comparison against the inches Nikon and Canon gives.

Only your larger inkjets will know for sure. Larger than letter-sized
perhaps. The quality the larger sensor size would give you that is or
smaller.

I think I'll write a letter on a picture-sized piece of paper.

If the Olympus FT had come out and was the same size or bigger than an OM1
(which I know did come out a bit later) would anyone have bought a bigger
camera which put out a smaller sized neg?

As if Yoshihisa Maitani would let such a thing happen in the first place.

http://www.geocities.com/maitani_fan2/talk_maitani.html

" Mr. Maitani told "I did not care too much about cameras. I just wanted to
take pictures. I became a camera designer by chance instead of a
professional photographer. The most important thing for me was taking
pictures as I wanted. No camera at all is my ideal."

Mark William Rabiner
Harlem, NY

rabinergroup.com

Replies: Reply from hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (G Hopkinson) ([Leica] Re: LUG Olympus vs. Leica)