Subject: [Leica] Xtol question
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Mon Jul 23 09:30:27 2007

> It's the least toxic of current developers...... Remember, it is vitamin c.
>
> Mix it up outside, in the yard if you are concerned about the fumes/air
> laden particulates.
>
> Or switch to HC110 if you like liquid developer concentrates....
>
> Frank Filippone
> red735i@earthlink.net
>
> Subject: RE: [Leica] xtol question
>
> Tossing it and starting over is clearly the safe thing
> to do.  And it's not the cost that makes me pause,
> it's just that I hate mixing powder chemistry.

vitamin C instead of hydroquinone.

Hydroquinone if you drank a tray of it you'd probably still live.
And its used in the tanning industry.
Its the other developing component - Elon Kodaks name for Metol that can
make it so its hard to set foot in a darkroom or say the word "darkroom"
without breaking out into a rash ever again. Normally when when has a
darkroom allergy it is unfortunately ... that.
I'm glad I don't have it because I prefer it over Phenidone rashly.

I use rubber gloves when I mix up my Xtol. And am very careful with the
powder to not breath it.

Do you know what the Xtol powder spells like?
Well you shouldn't.

Mark William Rabiner
Harlem, NY

rabinergroup.com