Subject: [Leica] Diafine anyone?
From: pswango at att.net (Phil Swango)
Date: Tue Jul 24 12:54:27 2007

Mark Rabiner wrote:
>It is very high sulfite content that you'd never use otherwise.
>The equivalent of frying your film in d76 straight or worse.

So that's why my kitchen darkroom smelled like bacon cooking. ;-)

>Also with the process itself it seems to eliminate all edge effects.

Could be.  I'll have to pay attention.  But since I can only print digitally
I can sort of DIY the edge effects, if you catch my drift.

>I also found this thing about all films needing 3 minutes in each bath to
be not viable.

I'm curious about that too, but I process so little BW these days that I'll
probably never find out.

>You get crushed highlights certainly not blocked but in otherwise most ways
mush negs.

That's my main concern, along with grain.  I'll know more when I do a few
more rolls.

--
Phil Swango
307 Aliso Dr SE