Subject: [Leica] Zeiss 35 in M mount
From: leica at screengang.com (Didier Ludwig)
Date: Wed Jul 25 03:18:27 2007

Hoppy

I've read that, too. Concerning the out of focus rendering, the author
refers to the 35 asph Summicron or 35 asph Summilux. I believe him that the
Biogon's bokeh is smoother than the one of these two Leica lenses. The
traditional gaussian design is more suited for soft bokeh than aspehrical
design. But he did explicitely not refer to the 35 pre asph Summicron which
is probably still king of bokeh. What keeps me back to prefer the Biogon
over a pre asph 35 Cron (a used sample is in the same price category), is
the size. The Biogon is too fat for a 2.0 lens. It's even a bit bigger than
the 35 1.4 asph.

As for the resolution, it's been proven several times that the Biogon 25/2.8
has more resoltion than every other M-mount lens ever had. The only problem
there's actually no digital sensor which can capture such details.

Didier