Subject: [Leica] OT: Logos on vests
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Wed Jul 25 14:38:23 2007

Harrison offered:

Subject: Re: [Leica] OT: Logos on vests

>>>Every newspaper, wire service should refuse to cover a single NFL game

or run any provided images till this stupid requirement is dropped.  If

no coverage was given the NFL would back down quickly....<<<<<<<<

Hi Harrison,

I agree completely! However as soon as that happens the advertising money
that goes to the newspapers from the NFL will be cut off! Then the paper
bean counters will go ballistic and paper owners will demand their photogs
wear vests.

Unfortunately the "no coverage" - "no money in" tactic can work both ways.
:-(

But I think this is one of those things the NFL are being very stupid about
and made the decision without any thought about repercussions by news papers
and wire services. I'd bet the TV people would be only too happy not to have
a bunch of bright red tagged photogs along the sidelines.

Would I bet this ruling will be changed?  Nope, not on your life! WAY TOO
MUCH MONEY INVOLVED FROM A KEY SPONSOR!

ted