Subject: [Leica] IMG: kid shot
From: hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (G Hopkinson)
Date: Thu Jul 26 15:56:25 2007

Philippe, really smooth and appealing tones, and presentation, but then you
know that.
The highlighted cheek, hair and lashes provide a wonderful line.
For my eye,
The child's arm shape is distracting. I might crop just above the horizontal
armpit line and 5% from the right for balance (also
removing the suggestion of the other child's eye to make him a little more
abstract).
Soften the edge of the highlight at the top of the arm.
Burn in that highlight somewhat and perhaps also the right side of the OOF
one above the left eye (not the in focus area beside the
left eye).
I would be very interested to hear your thoughts on these points. Very much
easier for me to learn by dissecting someone else's
pictures rather than my own. Feel free to tell me how I have got it wrong ;-)

Cheers
Hoppy