Subject: [Leica] PAW - going for Avedon light
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sun Jul 29 12:28:25 2007

> Hi Marc,
>
> Aren't you a little bit too stern with this photograph?
>
> Philippe

Well its a nice shot of a nice looking kid processed way light with the idea
of obtaining an Avedon look in the name of "Avedon Light" which I think is a
misnomer. I think its a bit of a silly over simplification really.
The light which illuminates a subject and they way we post process something
should certainly be differentiated.

A minor issue being an iconic photographer such as Avedon not really being
famous for his "light"... Or just printing light.
I don't think Avedon was a guy who waited before the light to change before
he got a shot.

The boy looks Avedon-like as in he looks like he could be a member of the
Avedon family coincidently enough. He looks like Avedon. To me at least.

I'd like to see it printed darker I think it would be a way more effective
image.

Mark William Rabiner
Harlem, NY

rabinergroup.com