Subject: [Leica] ColorVision Spyder
From: hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (G Hopkinson)
Date: Sun Jul 29 18:19:20 2007

Jim I have the Spyder and the XRITE (Gretag) Eye One.
I think that the Eye one produces a superior profile on my current LCD (on a
PC).
In its advanced mode it gave me more information than the Spyder.
The Spyder is vastly better than no calibration of course and I think it is
extremely good value for money. For a single monitor
situation, the cheapest package would be all that you need.
The hardware is identical, I think.
For a high end monitor such as the Eizo, then the Eye one is the right
choice (works with the different Look Up Table adjustment
arrangements in that monitor) For that sort of monitor you are actually
adjusting the monitor, for all other LCDs  that I know of
you are adjusting what the video card outputs.

Cheers
Hoppy