Subject: [Leica] new scam that might affect the LUG
From: chs2018 at med.cornell.edu (Chris Saganich)
Date: Tue Jul 31 08:02:18 2007

She said there was  1,000 cases of Glenfiddich Whisky  locked in a safe
deposit box in Slovakia.   She only needs a $10,000 loan to secure the
release of her stubbornly romantic brother Dmitri who was wrongly imprison
by a police captain who is a rival for the hand of beautiful Sofya the
innocent daughter of an obscure Deacon in a nearby Provence.  She told me
that once free they only needed to bribe a clerk in the local export office
to secure the shipment of the whiskey to the U.S. but needed a legitimate
American address for the export documents.  She would be very grateful for
any assistance the wonderfully supportive people on the LUG could
offer.  She included a photograph to show "her reliability and good faith..."