Subject: [Leica] watered drinks
From: pmcc_2000 at yahoo.com (pmcc)
Date: Tue Jul 31 13:46:22 2007

I'm dimly aware of an issue that arises when using
Xtol in dilutions greater than 1:1, namely, that there
is a minimum quantity of stock solution *before
dilution* necessary to develop a standard 35mm roll of
film.  I think of it this way:  if a bartender waters
the drinks, you will need to drink a greater volume of
the diluted drinks in order to ingest the same
quantity of alcohol.  While you can use extended
development time to compensate for higher dilutions
when using Rodinal, can you do the same when using
Xtol, or do you reach some kind of absolute limit when
using Xtol, or minimum quantity of stock solution to
achieve successful development?  Seems to me there
comes a point where the drinks are so weak that you'd
have to urinate yourself to death before achieving any
degree of inebriation.

Can anyone shed more light on this when using higher
dilutions -- e.g., 1:2 and 1:3 -- of Xtol?

Peter.
SF, CA

Building a website is a piece of cake. Yahoo! Small Business gives you all
the tools to get online.

Replies: Reply from henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff) ([Leica] watered drinks)
Reply from nathan at nathanfoto.com (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] watered drinks)
Reply from lug at steveunsworth.co.uk (Steve Unsworth) ([Leica] watered drinks)