Subject: [spam] Re: [Leica] OT Pentax K10d opinions
From: Jim at hemenway.com (Jim Hemenway)
Date: Wed Aug 1 17:28:24 2007

Eduardo:

Once I got the 6mp isDS about 2-1/2 years ago and found the viewfinder
to be so bright, I stopped looking for a split-image screen... same
thing with the 10mp K10d.

With the either camera you get a focus confirmation circle at the bottom
of the viewfinder... and you get a "beep" if you want it.  I do and set
the menu choice for it.

I have the early 1:1 Takumar f4 macro and the later Super-Takumar 1:2 f4
lenses, both still work well for me, on the digitals and on the Spotmatic.

I also have the very fine SMC Pentax-FA f2.8 100mm 1:1 Macro, long
enough to ease my aching back when shooting bent over, and the SMC
Pentax-DFA f2.8 50mm 1:1 Macro, which although made for digital, works
equally well on my ZX5n film camera.

Jim, "I wonder where all of my money has gone to" Hemenway

>>> ps. sorry for the long post