Subject: [Leica] M8 Review
From: Afterswift at aol.com (Afterswift@aol.com)
Date: Thu Aug 2 09:34:43 2007

In a message dated 8/2/2007 7:21:05 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
lug-request@leica-users.org writes:

The  overall conclusion I thought was very positive for the M8, he ends
> by  saying if you can afford it and are serious about photography you
>  need to get one

Hi Harrison,

I agree that the M8 Review was complimentary and respectful.  That the
reviewer wasn't familiar with M rangefinders isn't a disadvantage. It
permitted him
to be surprised and more appreciative of Leica quality and  technique.

The reason I look forward to FF on both the digital M and the  Nikon digital
SLRs is that I like my 35mm lenses to register precisely  with the frame. If
set my 50mm Elmar or f2 50mm Nikkor to a particular  DOF on the lens barrel,
that's the DOF I want the image to show. I want complete  consistency
between
lens and body. Maybe I've been spoiled by decades of  using the M3.

Bob

at

Replies: Reply from lists at mcclary.net (Harrison McClary) ([Leica] M8 Review)
Reply from imagist3 at mac.com (Lottermoser George) ([Leica] M8 Review)