Subject: [Leica] M8 Review
From: lists at mcclary.net (Harrison McClary)
Date: Fri Aug 3 11:25:16 2007

Afterswift@aol.com wrote:

> The reason I look forward to FF on both the digital M and the  Nikon
> digital
> SLRs is that I like my 35mm lenses to register precisely  with the frame.
> If I
> set my 50mm Elmar or f2 50mm Nikkor to a particular  DOF on the lens
> barrel,
> that's the DOF I want the image to show. I want complete  consistency
> between
> lens and body. Maybe I've been spoiled by decades of  using the M3.

Bob,

I am not exactly what you mean by the above, the thing I realized I
liked about the 35mm format digital sensor is that it is "normal" to
me.  I have shot 35mm for 20 or more years and when I think focal
lengths I think in how they relate to 35mm.  I did not realize how much
this bugged me until I got a 5D...all of a sudden I liked my 24 1.4
again, and my 50 1.4 also.  They just never "worked" for me on my 1DII
(a 1.3 crop camera).  It is not that they did not work, but that my mind
when I picked them up I expected one thing and got something different.
I know this probably does not bother many folks...but me it drove crazy.

--
Harrison McClary
Harrison McClary Photography

Replies: Reply from sonc.hegr at gmail.com (Sonny Carter) ([Leica] M8 Review)