Subject: [Leica] Summarit press release
From: len-1 at comcast.net (Leonard Taupier)
Date: Fri Aug 3 21:09:50 2007

Hi Hoppy,

It sounds like you have more then a passing interest in this new
series. I have no doubt these will be very good performing lenses. I
think Leica had to come up with a new series of less expensive glass
if they wanted to stay in business. The popularity of the new 28mm
Elmarit Asph kinda proved that. What I don't like is the wording in
the news release. It has too much marketing hype without saying
anything. I'm also not impressed with 3x5 jpeg prints meant to
illustrate high quality performance. The nice thing about these
lenses is they are all 6 bit coded. You don't cut your prices in half
without giving up something. What are they giving up?

Len