Subject: [Leica] Summarit press release
From: hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (G Hopkinson)
Date: Fri Aug 3 22:41:12 2007

Len the Leica site contains DNGs as well as JPG samples for down load.
That's the full 10MP bad boys. Just on first looks here the samples look
very smooth.
I just think that the series is a very welcome development for rangefinder
folks. I think that they (the new Summarits) are intended
to demonstrate that Leica is still a premium manual focus prime lens maker
and appeal to people for the reason that Leica lenses
appeal to people.  I think that it is a smart move by the new CEO.
Remembering that this is their niche of the market.
I guess we shall see what their build quality and performance is like once
they start to become available (from November)? It would
not be reasonable to expect the same performance nor build  quality as the
very much more expensive current asph brothers. The new
little Elmarit 28 seems to have been well received at its price-point. I
hope these do well too.

Hoppy