Subject: [Leica] Summarit press release
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sat Aug 4 20:38:46 2007

> Luis mi amigo, we have all seen superb pictures that you have made with
> all of
> your lenses. When shooting with your Tri-Elmar and
> the 90AA, I don't suppose that you have ever thought "this lens quality is
> too
> good, I need a lens that is not as good"!
> I agree that much of the time we don't use the lenses wide open, unless we
> have a Nocti.
> For me the bigger attraction with the modern asph designs is their superb
> correction and the ability to produce wonderful saturated
> colour against the light(freedom from veiling glare). This is what you are
> describing with "the images are more clear and
> transparent nice
> contrast," from your 90AA. I also think that the Elmarit M 2.8 90 is
> superb.
> It is also very compact.
> Well when I arrive in Espana we shall compare 28s and 90's.
> Salud!
> Hoppy

I think Leica will remain in the premium market the lower end just being the
slower glass. They're not going to compete  against Cosina and Zeiss made in
Japan and others who've got the mass market thing down and are set up to do
it.

Leica needs to continue to represent quality nonpareil par excell?nce.
And not cheapen the marque as they say.

Marque William Rabiner
Harlem, NY

rabinergroup.com