Subject: [Leica] New Tri-Elmar Price
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Sun Aug 5 08:40:45 2007

The new owners are trying out pricing power.  The M8 caused the supplies of
existing lenses to dry up.  Most dealers had almost no M mount lenses in
stock either new or new old stock.  If I was a capitalist business owner I
would try raising prices.  If the new price doesn't work then offer a rebate
to bring the price down some.  One of the problems of being an old fogey is
we remember earlier prices; but the newer humans don't remember 5 penny
chocolate bars or $100 DR Summicrons.  If it takes almost $200 to fill up a
car in Hong Kong then a $5000 investment in a durable good isn't
unreasonable.