Subject: [Leica] Armed america in newsweek
From: kcassidy at asc.upenn.edu (Kyle Cassidy)
Date: Tue Aug 7 18:25:39 2007

bob sed:

>Really impressive, and I'm really impressed.

>Is the audio a Kyle Cassidy Production or did Newsweek gather it up?

>Regardless, I could not be happier for you.

>Nor, come to think of it, could I be happier for the LUG, since we all
>obviously made you what you are today....

The LUG had an awful lot to do with this. Without the LUG I would not have
had the focus, nor the direction, nor the impetus -- and, possibly more
importantly, I would not have had access to the three people who really
stepfathered this -- BD, Jim Shulman, and Ted Grant who were with it from
the first draft of the query letter, believed in it, and put their years of
expertise to the grindstone for my benefit. I have a few heroes in the
world, and I found three of them right here.

Newsweek gathered the quotes -- they did a great job i think. it adds a
whole 'nother dimension.

and since doug said i could toot my own horn, i have discovered i currently
have the best selling photo essay book on amazon.

it's #8 in photography. behind some technical books on how to use lightroom
and a book of portraits of oiled, shirtless new york firemen.

Replies: Reply from hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (G Hopkinson) ([Leica] Armed america in newsweek)
Reply from jshul at comcast.net (Jim Shulman) ([Leica] Armed america in newsweek)