Subject: [Leica] Summarit press release
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Tue Aug 7 22:10:13 2007

> The question I'm always tempted to ask, is has Leica _ever_ released a bad
> lens? Sure, some are better than others, but have there ever been any dogs?
> I can't think of any.
>
> Steve

Get Erwin's Leica Lens compendium (Hove) he'll tell you about a dozen of
them. You need to read between the lines ever so slightly.
I have direct experience unfortunately with the 90mm Tele Elmarits.
Trying to make a compact tele to fit in the regular camera case before they
had the talent and technology to pull it off. Trying to use this lens set me
back. It sure got me using my Hasselblads for lots of stuff.

Mark William Rabiner
Harlem, NY

rabinergroup.com