Subject: [Leica] Summarit press release
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Tue Aug 7 22:04:05 2007

> Frank I was referring to the Zeiss Ikon range of ZM lenses, which are
> marketed
> by Zeiss but almost all made by Cosina in Japan, like
> their camera bodies (two are from Oberkochen with very Zeiss like prices).
> I think that these are distinct and different designs and price points from
> the Voigtlander branded lenses from the same
> manufacturer.
>
> Cheers
> Hoppy

Zeiss made in Japan is what it is.
Not Zeiss.
Before it was Kyocera.
Now its Cosina. I'm sure they're made better now.
But to me for some reason its Zeiss if its made by Zeiss.
And there are always a couple of them that are. At three times the price for
three times the specs. And big and heavy. Metal over plastic mounts.

I don't even mind plastic mounts.

Mark William Rabiner
Harlem, NY

rabinergroup.com