Subject: [Leica] Armed *White* America?
From: jshul at comcast.net (Jim Shulman)
Date: Wed Aug 8 17:35:57 2007

The book is quite well balanced among different ethnicities, sexual
orientations, and genders.

Unfortunately, the Newsweek selection online focused mainly on the
Caucasians--and the editor of the online edition apologized for giving the
impression that it was just a white male collection.  Her comments follow:

Posted By: Kathy Jones (8/7/2007 at 12:54:45 PM)

Comment: Hi all, the book 'Armed America' features numerous non-white gun
owners; however, they were not among the limited number of people willing
and able to do audio recordings by our deadline. However, I asked Kyle
Cassidy to reach out to his subjects again, and we have added an update to
our gallery -- which I agree, better reflects the composition of gun owners
in the book and across America. Thank you all for bringing this point up!
Kathy Jones Photo Editor

Jim Shulman
Bryn Mawr, PA