Subject: [Leica] Re: Guns and Leicas
From: jshul at comcast.net (Jim Shulman)
Date: Thu Aug 9 19:13:23 2007

Conklins are wonderful pens--they are notable for the crescent-shaped filler
mechanism on the barrel.  In fact, one of the most famous Conklin owners was
Mark Twain, who noted that the crescent-shaped filler eliminated the problem
of pens rolling off a desktop.

Twain was also paid to promote the pen in the early 1900s.

Jim Shulman
Bryn Mawr, PA
Who has a Conklin or two around in a desk drawer.