Subject: [Leica]: Was D-21; Is XB-70, maybe B-58?
From: telyt at earthlink.net (Douglas Herr)
Date: Wed Aug 8 19:11:29 2007

ISILVERMN@aol.com wrote:

>To my eyes, the B-58 Hustler was one drop-dead gorgeous airplane.  And  one
>of the most appropriately named.  After all, what is a hustler, if not
>Born
>Beautiful, Lived Fast, and Died Young!

My most vivid memory of the B-58 was one I saw while backpacing with my
father in the Sierra Nevada in the late 1960s.  We had stopped for a break
when I spotted a totally silent B-58 flying directly overhead.  I pointed it
out to my father with the warning "sonic boom".  That was a BOOOM.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com