Subject: [Leica] 19-year-old PJ
From: alex at zabrovsky.com (Alex)
Date: Sat Aug 11 07:21:53 2007

Nice stuff, though, frankly, nothing that really amazes me. Being
Israeli, I'm naturaly tied close to the kind of happening she managed to
catch up through her camera lens. The Disengagement from Gaza strip -
being an accredetited photo journalist there you would be hard-pressed
not to get some world-stressing images - the happening was just all over
you, just keep you camera ready loaded and eyes opened (and of course
the luck of being at the right place at the right time).
Of course, this is in no way to undervalue her fine photo journlistic
skills, but certainly not something I would be shocked about given the
opportunities...
Frankly, during that operation, I would be dreaming being able to be
there with my Leica, I dare to assume I would get back with some worthy
images from there, just as many other photojournalists and
camera-equipped people in general. Well, naturaly, it was very
restricted, military zone, no professionally unrelated person could get
allowed to get in (not to mention to photograph there), unles you're
officially accredited, legit photographer.

Alex