Subject: [Leica] IMG: John Muir Wilderness
From: images at comporium.net (Tina Manley)
Date: Tue Aug 14 04:52:53 2007

At 07:29 PM 8/13/2007, you wrote:
>Tina, gorgeous! I think you have answered my mental question
>regarding a wide sufficient for dramatic landscape perspective on an
>M8. Obviously 28mm equivalent FOV there but you've made it look much
>wider with your composition. Cool. Next you'll be admitting
>that you are carrying a tripod and extracting the most from that
>glass for these scenics.
>Cheers
>Hoppy

Thanks, Hoppy!  Actually, I did carry a Gitzo mountaineer tripod on
my back up those 11,000 feet!  And I used my Gitzo monopod for a
walking stick.  I tried lots of experiments this trip with
bracketing, panoramas and different filters and needed the tripod for
those.  I intend to try some HDR combinations with the bracketed
shots but that will have to wait until I finish going through all of
the photos.  I've also got some photos of the same area with the
Canon 5D and the Leica R 19 lens.  I want to compare those to the M8
shots.  So many photos, so little time!!

Tina

Tina Manley
ASMP, NPPA, EP, PI
http://www.tinamanley.com