Subject: [Leica] BBC & First Use
From: Afterswift at aol.com (Afterswift@aol.com)
Date: Tue Aug 14 08:12:08 2007

In a message dated 8/14/2007 6:25:47 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
lug-request@leica-users.org writes:

one of  my Seville
pictures made the top 10 one month, that's it) but have since  completely
ignored it precisely because of the terms and conditions they  impose.

Nathan

Nathan,

If the BBC accepted a First Use condition, then it would pay  to participate
in their competitions. Have you enquired whether they would  change their
policy?

On their side, I must admit that BBC isn't a  profit-making institution. BBC
is supported by a per radio tax in GB. And  the quality of their programs is
the highest in the world -- and all without  commercials. In the US even NPR
and PBS carry commercials on the hour. The BBC  Webcasts are a university
education. So maybe it's worthwhile contributing a  good photo to them from
time to
time.

Here in the Northwest US NPR carries BBC news overnight. I  know, because
I'm
awake most of the time.

Best,
Bob