Subject: [Leica] visoflex iii, or Wholly Macro!
From: pjtotoole at gmail.com (Peter O'Toole)
Date: Tue Aug 14 17:40:40 2007

Jim,

I like the M system for its simplicity, and it was a relief to get rid of my
Pentax SLR film type for doing macro work -- trying to keep the equipment
levels to a minimum.  I just got rid of my focomat V35, and a whole bunch of
other stuff, and life just got a little better -- fewer variable. I will
look into the DSLR, that sounds interesting.  The 5/07 issue of LFI magazine
made a great case for using the old equipment, and I swallowed hook, line
and sinker.  The visoflex iii, and a macro lens, seems like a good
alternative, even given the 1.33 factor -- might even be good to have in
the Billingham out in the field. I am hoping to find someone out there who
can share the enthusiasm I have with the LFI article -- this link gives a
paragraph or two:

http://www.lfi-online.de/ceemes/page/show/issue_5_07_3

Thanks.
Pete O'Toole