Subject: [Leica] Viso iii
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Thu Aug 16 14:28:06 2007

> peter
>
> http://www.shinozuka.org/m8-65v.JPG
>
> i just made this with the 65V (black version) on a viso III
> on an m8. it's not a good image, being handheld and wide open,
> and my happy hacker keyboard is obviously filthy.
> but it shows at minimum focusing the magnification
> of the setup.  the width from the G to K keys shown is
> about 2-5/8"
>
> -rei

But you got instant feedback shooting digital gives you with the image. And
you can "craft it" accordingly.
So you could just keep shooting till you got just the quarter of the quarter
in focus that you wanted.

To me digital and macro go together like peanut butter and jelly.

You'd have polaroids all over the darned place and it still wouldn't be as
good.

But you wouldn't get the "timeless quality of film".
I picture macros of melting pocket watches but I don't think that's what the
quote had in mind.

Mark William Rabiner
Harlem, NY

rabinergroup.com