Subject: [Leica] IMG: Muir Lake Comparison
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Thu Aug 16 20:32:26 2007

> I don't think that "processing them exactly the same way" is the way
> to compare files from two completely different chips; anymore than
> one would process two different films in the same way. I'm quite sure
> that you can achieve a similar "look" with the M8 file simply by
> adjusting in highlights, lights, darks and shadows, in curves. My M8
> experience would suggest that you have more micro-fine detail in that
> file than the 5D.
>
> Regards,
> George Lottermoser
> george@imagist.com

Well if you make two prints one from one camera and one lens and one from
the other and one is a half stop lighter then that's all you see.
If ones 10 points redder than that's all you see.
You need to match them up the best you can so you can see the subtle
differences between the two optical systems and maybe cameras.
Otherwise your not seeing anything.
That's how you compare lenses.

Mark William Rabiner
Harlem, NY