Subject: [Leica] Photoshop books
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Mon Aug 20 20:27:41 2007

> Douglas, I have Evening's CS2 book. I regard it as definitive and well
> worthwhile having. I also use some of the Photokit plugins.
> For another general CS2 title, Scott Kelby's CS2 for digital photographers
> is
> also very good. Easy, pleasant, practical to use and
> specific example oriented, (recipes). Evening's book is more comprehensive
> and
> authoritative.
>
> Cheers
> Hoppy

I have one Brian would be interested in its a gorgeous book.
Photoshop LAB Color: The Canyon Conundrum and Other Adventures in the Most
Powerful Colorspace

By Dan Margulis.
Published Aug 8, 2005 by Peachpit Press.

http://www.peachpit.com/store/product.aspx?isbn=0321356780&rl=1

" With a mantra like ?There are no bad originals, only bad Photoshop
operators,? you know best-selling author Dan Margulis is serious about
exposing people to the magic of Photoshop. Nowhere is that magic more
apparent than in its LAB color processing capabilities, which can make even
the subtle canyon colors of rock, sand, and dirt come to vivid life.
However, you may be wary of taming the complex beast. Here?s your guide! In
these pages, Dan shows that you can derive enormous benefits from just a few
simple tools and techniques. He also demonstrates that you can take these
techniques as far as you wish, employing the power-user features he
describes in later chapters. Starting with canyons and progressing to faces,
you will see just how quickly you can begin improving your images by
following the ?recipes? included here. Each chapter includes a sidebar with
review questions and exercises as well as a ?Closer Look? section that
examines some of the principles behind the techniques. A CD includes
exercise files."

Peter Klein!!!!

"The LAB gamut is much, much larger than CMYK or RGB and can create colors
not possible in our universe. "
http://designorati.com/articles/t1/photoshop/282/review-dan-margulis-photosh
op-lab-color.php

Gee I guess I've had it a few years now not too long in the tooth I hope.
2005! There were wholly mammoths then I guess in the digital landscape!

Mark William Rabiner
Harlem, NY

rabinergroup.com