Subject: [Leica] blog recommendations
From: leica at screengang.com (Didier Ludwig)
Date: Tue Aug 21 08:25:43 2007

George

If the person wants to blog on his own domain, I recommend
http://wordpress.org an opensource free software package. The installation
is automated, takes a few minutes. If he does not want to modify design or
features, it works out of the box (otheriwse php and css programming
knowledge is required). Wordpress has a big choice of themes, plugins and
other addons for almost any need, photo gallery tools included. The admin
tool is comprehensible also for non programmers.

Blogger (http://blogspot.com) (meanwhile owned by Google) is a big blogging
community and allows a easy setup, too. This is hosted there so the URL will
be like "georges-friend.blogspot.com".

Personally I like Wordpress more. I've just finished such a site for my
brother, who is an actor, have a look here: http://www.danielludwig.ch/blog/

Didier