Subject: [Leica] OT Epson P5000
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Wed Aug 22 01:04:41 2007

> I had poor response from Epson when I had troubles with my 1270
> flooding black ink inside the printer when doing its head clean. I
> replaced it with a Canon which is 5 times faster and has been
> faultless. I probably shan't buy another Epson printer. They -do-
> have the marketing high ground though.
> Frank
>
> On 22 Aug, 2007, at 03:44, Adam Bridge wrote:

Frank they totally dominate the fine art serious print and commercial
photographers who wish to look like that market for good reason.
HP and Canon have marketing resources which I'd think over shadow Epson's
many times over.
What Epson has it a PRODUCT which overshadows HP's and Canons.
You had some bad luck early on. Epson has not waited around for others to
catch up they still forge ahead and lead by at least the results they get
from their R&D. Canon's speed lead for what its worth has diminished as
Epson I think is catching or has caught up speed wise. And that's non
pigment ink printing anyway.
What I'm saying is Epson's printers improve each year faster than the other
guys. And every year the boxes get easier to open up and get the printers
going.
What the other guys have done over the past years is almost put themselves
in the ball game.

Mark William Rabiner
Harlem, NY

rabinergroup.com